The International Law Center
International Law Center of Moscow renders professional legal services to natural and juridical persons with a view of protection their rights, liberties and admission to justice.
The members of the center are qualified lawyers.
Lawyer is a person who has obtained a law license and the right to lead advocacy according to the Federal Law of the Russian Federation ¹ 63-شا “About advocacy in the Russian Federation” dated 31.05.2002. Lawyer is an independent professional consultant on legal issues.
Legal assistance at International Law Center:
1) advise and give references legally both in oral and written form;
2) prepares applications, complaints, petitions and other documents of legal nature;
3) represent clients in constitutional legal proceedings;
4) participate as a client’s representative in civil and administrative legal proceedings;
5) participate as a client’s representative or advocate in criminal proceedings and proceedings on matters of administrative offences;
6) represent client’s interests in hearing in court of arbitration, international commercial arbitrage (arbitration tribunal) and other institutions of conflict settlement;
7) represent client’s interests in public authorities, local autonomous bodies, public associations and other organizations;
8) represent client’s interests in public authorities, courts and law-enforcement machinery of foreign states, international judicial authorities, non-governmental authorities of foreign states if other is not prescribed by the legislation of foreign states, constituent documents of international organizations or by international agreements of the Russian Federation;
9) participate as a client’s representative in executive proceedings as well as at carrying out criminal penalty;
10) represent client’s interests in tax and legal relationships.
Law Center has the right to render other types of legal assistance not prohibited by law.
In civil procedures and procedures on administrative offenses the lawyer can represent organizations, government and local government bodies.
The lawyer has the right to:
1) collect the information necessary for rendering legal assistance including applying certificates, references and other documents from public authorities, local autonomous bodies, public associations and other organizations. These institutions and organizations of that kind prescribed by law shall provide required documents or their copies to the lawyer during a month beginning from the moment of obtaining of lawyer’s inquiry;
2) interview people by their consent, who presumably possess information related to the case on which the advocate is providing legal assistance;
3) collect and present the objects and documents which can be recognized material and other evidence in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
4) involve specialists on the contract basis for clarification of questions connected with legal assistance;
5) have individual, unhampered, confidential communication and consultation with his or her clients (including the period of his or her confinement) without limitation the number of meetings and their continuance;
6) record the information (using technical means) contained in the materials used by the lawyer during the advocacy and keep State secret and confidentiality;
7) perform other actions not prohibited by the law of the Russian Federation.
Secret cooperation between the lawyer and operative-research institutions is prohibited.
Lawyer's secret is the information confidentially provided to a lawyer by the client in the course of his or her advocacy.
Lawyer shall not be summoned and interrogated as a witness on information of which he or she disposed while being requested to render legal assistance or while rendering legal assistance.
Realization of operational search measures and investigative actions in respect of advocate (including search of dwelling and offices using by him/her for realization of advocacy) is permitted only on the basis of judicial decision.
Independence guarantee for the advocacy.
Interference with the advocacy realizing in accordance with the legislation or impeding of this activity by any ways is prohibited.
Lawyer can’t be brought to responsibility (including the period after suspending or ending of his/her activity) for expressing of his/her opinion during the advocate’s activity while his/her guilt wouldn’t be confirmed by legal sentence of the court which came into force.
These restrictions are not applied to civil responsibility of lawyer to client.
Demanding information connected with legal assistance for specific cases from the lawyers, employees of advocate formations, advocate chambers and Federal Chamber of Lawyers is prohibited.
The lawyer, members of his or her family and their property are under state protection.
Authorized state bodies shall undertake necessary measures to guarantee the safety of the lawyer, members of his or her family and their property.
Criminal prosecution of the lawyer is realized considering the guarantees provided by criminal procedure legislation.